Chinese Egg Drop Soup
– 4 cups vegetable stock (or chicken broth if you’re not a vegetarian)
– 2 eggs, wispy beaten
– 2 green onions, chopped
– 1 teaspoon soy sauce
– 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
– 2 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoon water (optional, to thicken the stock and add rich texture).
– Add cornstarch mixture (optional) and raise heat until soup begins to slightly boil.
– Remove from heat and slowly drizzle the beaten egg over the top of the hot soup with one hand while stirring the soup (gently) with the other (the egg will cook when it comes into contact with the soup – another method is to drop small spoonfuls of egg into the soup instead of drizzling – this creates more of an “egg flower” effect).
– Add salt if necessary.
– Garnish with green onion and serve the soup for 2-4 people.